04 October 2007

Fun in the Neighbourhood!

To all living anywhere, heed this suggestion: libraries. We just discovered the local libraries, and though for me the English section is limited, there are books! Tons of books! Any one I want, anytime! Today I got:
Hemmingway, Green Hills of Africa.
Hirayama, Breakthrough Japanese, 20 mini lessons for better conversation.
Lynne Truss, Eats, Shoots & Leaves.
Chris Ware, Jimmy Corigan, The smartest kid on earth.
Art Spiegelman, Maus.
Can I read these all in 2 weeks and still go to work and maintain my life?

Also, in the Poplar convenience store, and probably many others, this product is proudly displayed, and I am told it is an old and possibly classic sweet:

Unremarkably close to the word, colon: 1. Anatomy. the part of the large intestine extending from the cecum to the rectum, were it not for the remarkable similarity of the chocolate encircled cookie resembling perhaps a poopy asshole. Should have bought it.

No comments: